ALERT LEVEL 2
Kia ora koutou, as you will understand the move to Level 2 schooling is new territory for us all. We will have a number of new procedures in place for the coming weeks to make schooling as normal as possible, as well as ensuring the safety of everyone.
Any students who are unwell must remain at home. Any child who displays signs of sickness will be required to be collected. They will remain in the sick bay until collected.
Tamariki are to be dropped at the gates from 8.15 onwards and we are asking that parents remain off school grounds unless required to enter. A staff member will be at Moody Ave and Kamo Road entrances each morning to greet tamariki. Any parent entering the school will need to do so via the office and sign in for contact tracing purposes.
We will be keeping school gates locked during school hours and will remain closed until bell time at 2.45. Students will be walked to the gate for collection. During school hours please use the Moody Ave entrance.
Breakfast Club and Minder will resume from Monday 18 May.
Whau Valley School will be providing high levels of hygiene, hand washing and regular cleaning of surfaces.
There will be no restriction of students at break times with playground and shared PE equipment accessible.
We ask that students bring a named water bottle to school.
Following public health advice, no set distance between students is necessary.
If your child remains at home teachers will continue to support their learning either online or with resources.
There is no need for tamariki or staff to wear masks or gloves at school.
Kia ora whanau,
A link to our attendance survey for next week is below. Please complete this by midday tomorrow (Wednesday 13 May) to assist with our planning for a Level 2 return next week.
ALERT LEVEL 3
Kia ora Whanau, just a reminder that only those whanau who have completed the attendance survey and have had approval to attend school under Level 3, will be on site from Wednesday 29 April. Everyone else is to remain at home within their bubble and continue distance learning. If you are requiring learning support activities in addition to the MOE hard copies and Learning TV, or have any questions, then please contact your class teacher via email. A number of whanau have still not received these packs but we have been told that they are on their way. We have followed up any incorrect addresses and MOE have had this information passed on. We will be taking enquiries via the office on 4370448 during school hours. Contact details for staff are below.
The government’s requirements under COVID-19 Alert Level 3 are that everyone who can work or learn from home must continue to do so.
Whau Valley is able to reopen for eligible students from Wednesday 29 April, but strict conditions apply.
• School is only open for children of adults required to work and who have no other possible care option for their children (friends, relatives, neighbours etc). The survey above needs to be completed.
• Students must not arrive on site before 8:30am. They must be delivered to a staff member at the Moody Ave school entrance and signed in by their caregiver who will leave a contact number for that day.
• At the end of the school day at 2:45pm children must be picked up from the Moody Ave entrance.
• Sick children are not permitted to attend school and will be sent home if they arrive sick or become unwell during the day.
• Children attending will remain with their siblings in bubbles of no more than ten for the entire length of alert level 3.
• Students will be seated at least one metre apart during classroom supervision time.
• Breaks will be supervised, more frequent, but much shorter than usual and 2 metre distancing must be maintained at all times. Children will not have access to school play equipment or resources during the breaks
• Staff will be providing supervision which will be supplemented by Learning at Home TV content.
• There will be NO After School Programme running for the duration of Alert Level 3.
Remember, if it is at all possible for your children to continue learning at home, then this is what they must do.
SOME LEARNING IDEAS FOR OUR TAMARIKI DURING WHILE WE ARE CLOSED:
Ngā Kererū digital links for LEVEL 3 LEARNING (Also, check out the wonderful learning ideas above gathered by our other syndicates)